dynamic resize of LUNs

Holder, Bill Bill.Holder at sunwater.com.au
Tue Oct 9 02:56:49 UTC 2007

Hi all,

    I'm hoping someone might be able to help me get this to work
properly...

    Linux server with Qlogic HBA cards, has a 50gig LUN presented to it,
with a single ext3 filesystem.

    SAN admin has added another 50 gig to the LUN, and the server sees a
100 gig LUN.

    Problem is, the filesystem is now corrupt.

    I've tried rebuilding the devices and letting kpartx do it's thing,
but the existing filesystem always dies.

    Anyone know a good way to get this working, or am I screwed?

Thanks guys.

/B

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.
Any attachments should be checked for viruses by you, before being opened. SunWater accepts no responsibility for an attachment that contains a virus.