8gb memory on Redhat AS 2.1

James Bourne jbourne at hardrock.org
Tue Oct 9 19:45:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Martin, Jonathan wrote:

> I'm not sure about AS 2 as we run AS3 here, but we had to install the
> HUGEMEM kernel and modify GRUB to use it.

On AS 2.1 you need to use kernel-enterprise.

Name        : kernel-enterprise            Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 2.4.9                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : e.72                          Build Date: Tue 03 Jul 2007 08:17:40 PM MDT
Install date: Thu 04 Oct 2007 04:35:50 PM MDT      Build Host: hs20-bc1-2.build.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Kernel     Source RPM: kernel-2.4.9-e.72.src.rpm
Size        : 35962606                         License: GPL
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : The Linux Kernel compiled with options for machines with more than 4 Gigabyte of memory.
Description :
This package includes a kernel that has appropriate configuration options
enabled for Pentium III machines with 4 Gigabyte of memory or more.

Regards
James

James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne at hardrock.org
UNIX Systems Administration   | WWW:           http://www.hardrock.org
Custom UNIX Programming       | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation