An interesting NFS mounting problem

Richard Riley rriley at procuri.com
Wed Oct 10 19:05:23 UTC 2007

If you had a problem with iptables, you would not be able to mount via
NFS at any time.
Since the amount of information you have provided is limited, here is
one important place to check.  Look at /etc/rc.d/rc3.d directory
(assuming run level 3, if different run level replace 3 with that
level).  The file name convention here S??service where S indicates a
startup script, ?? is the sequence number (smallest is started first)
and "service" is the name of the service to start.  Be sure that the
number associated with the netfs service is larger than "network" and
"portmap".  The key is that other necessary services required to support
NFS are already started before the "netfs" service attempts to start.
[Richard Riley]