Red Hat very strange

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at forumgdh.net
Tue Oct 16 19:00:50 UTC 2007

Hello Guys,

I have a lot of Red Hat's here [Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4
(Nahant Update 4)] and some times he's was very strange, look:

[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ su -
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ su -
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
jre-6u1-linux-amd64.rpm  tuning.sh
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ ls
jre-6u1-linux-amd64.rpm  tuning.sh
[tbezerra at pix-1 ~]$ su -
Password:
[root at pix-1 ~]#

How can you see, sometime single commands like 'ls' or 'su' was getting
failed. Sometimes, I god messages on /var/log/messages and/or dmesg
speaking about "Max open files", but sometimes not.

When this happen, I fix this increasing the maximum of number of files
open, but when I can't get any message, what can I do?

Is this one know problem?

Thanks!

--
Tiago Cruz