network driver

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Mon Aug 11 12:29:24 UTC 2008

This rpm is available from Red Hat, but it will not solve your problem.
The ipw3945d is an Intel card.  You have a broadcom card.

The directions you need are at
<http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43>

Specifically, you need to follow the directions for the bcm43xx as that is
what is included with RHEL 5.2.  I have had a laptop with the card, and it
does work, but not very well.  I found my problems to be worsened when in
an area with multple APs and more wireless network traffic in general.  I
have discussed this at length with Red Hat, but unfortunately, there are
no plans at this time to update to the b43 driver during the RHEL 5
lifecycle.  If you really want wireless to work WELL, I recommend an Intel
wireless card.

Hope this helps.
Barry