LVM resize question

Lopez, Denise dlopez at humnet.ucla.edu
Tue Feb 26 18:54:39 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up a Xen server and I want to have the
Guest OS's on LVM's.  I have created a 10GB LVM and installed a CentOS
guest on it.  Now before it goes production I want to do testing of
increasing the space for the Guest OS.  I have found documentation that
says to use resize2fs after you extend the logical volume but when I try
this command on the logical volume I get the following error.

root at xen ~]# resize2fs /dev/XenServers/CentOS5

resize2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)

resize2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open
/dev/XenServers/CentOS5

Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

I tried with the -f option too but still the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Denise Lopez

UCLA - Center for Digital Humanities