LVM resize question

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at forumgdh.net
Tue Feb 26 19:37:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 10:54 -0800, Lopez, Denise wrote:
> f increasing the space for the Guest OS.  I have found documentation
> that says to use resize2fs after you extend the logical volume but
>
> root at xen ~]# resize2fs /dev/XenServers/CentOS5

Hello,

I have had this setup, inside one LVM device:
/boot = 100 MB
/ = 9,5 GB
swap = 400 MB

So, I've used "fdisk" on the LVM, deleted the swap device and did the
growing on the "/" partition (9,5 GB => 20 GB). Increasing the number of
"cylinders", I can expand the filesystem after all.

[]s

--
Tiago Cruz
http://everlinux.com