"installation method" RHEL 5.2

Chet Nichols III chet.nichols at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 20:25:10 UTC 2008

I had previously had an issue with an iLO card on an HP that was also giving
me virtual media issues- turns out I just needed to update the iLO
firmware.

I would say maybe you need to update your DRAC firmware, but you said it
works fine with RHEL5.1, just not 5.2? Have you tried using your 5.2 disc on
a local machine to confirm it works? I guess that's kind of an obvious
suggestion, but you never know :D

Chet

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Dongwu Zeng <dongwu at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> I guess that the first reading from CD-ROM is done through driver provide
> by
> BIOS. When RHEL asks for installation media, it tries to use driver
> provided
> by Linux. It seems that Linux or RHEL in this case doesn't have driver for
> your "virtual Cd-ROM". I had similar problem before when I tried to use USB
> CD-ROM to install RHEL. You need to somehow specify the correct driver
> during installation.
>
> Dongwu
>

> On 7/7/08 6:32 AM, "Herta Van den Eynde" <herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Your virtual media might be a boot ISO whose only job is to boot the
> machine
> >> (as a virtual CD-ROM) into a kickstart install using packages that
> you'll
> >> grab over HTTP.
> >>
> >> As for why it's giving you that issue, not a clue at all- never had that
> >> issue before, sorry!
> >>
> >> Chet
> >>
> >> --
> >> chet nichols III
> >> chet.nichols at gmail.com
> >> aim: chet / twitter: chet
> >> http://chetnichols.org
> > Thanks, Chet.
> >
> > I never had the issue before either.  It seems to work just fine with
> > the Red Hat 5.1 iso. :-(
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Herta
>
> --