rhel4u6 able to boot/install to san.

Rankin, Kent Kent.Rankin at orau.org
Mon Jul 21 18:26:06 UTC 2008

It is possible.  Who made your disk array (NetApp) doesn't matter.  All that matters is your kernel supporting the correct QLA2xxx module for your QLogic FC card.

This might be a helpful note:
- Only enable one path for your LUN's until you get your multipathing software installed.  So if you've got two HBA's with two switches and two connections to your NetApp array, just zone up one of the HBA's and one of the target WWN's on the NetApp.  Once you go back and install the multipathing software, make an appropriate zone and enjoy your storage.

--
Kent Rankin