Getting Xen DomU setup and running for first time

Joshua Daniel Franklin jdf.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:20:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Susan Baur  wrote:
> I have a fresh install of RHEL 5  fully updated with the virutalization
> software installed. I've gotten xen started and Dom0 appears to be running
> correctly. However, whenever I attempt to start a guest OS, I get  error 22,

I do not know how to fix the particular issue you are running into,
but I've found that the libvirt tools like virt-install to be easier to use
than the xen-specific tools.

You might try the commands in this tutorial
http://iquaid.org/DevFu/files/xen-guest-installation.pdf
from here:
http://developer.redhatmagazine.com/category/virtualization/
There is also some troubleshooting info at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC6