internet connection issue

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Tue Jun 24 18:41:10 UTC 2008

Are you sure the NIC driver is being loaded at boot?  Check the output
of 'dmesg' to see if eth0, or whatever number it is,  is starting up
correctly.  Is the driver for your NIC in /etc/modprobe.conf? Also check
/var/log/messages to see if there are any clues there.

What do you mean by "the Lan is fine", how are you connecting to it?
Another ethX interface?

I agree that reinstalling won't solve anything for you, this is not MS
Windows.