can't get OS to use LDAP for accounts

Sutton, Harry (MSE) harry.sutton at hp.com
Mon Mar 3 21:30:00 UTC 2008

I'm a firm believer that it's never a good idea to shut off security
features to get things working. Significant improvements in the SELinux
administrative and troubleshooting tools make it much easier to get that
working properly without having to disable it.

As for iptables, I think it's a much better idea to enable logging, even
on a temporary basis, to determine which packets are being blocked and
then adding rules to allow them. There's a really good article / short
video in Red Hat Magazine at
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/08/01/video-tip-from-rhces-firewalls/
that explains this really well.

    /Harry Sutton, RHCA