Failed to start NFS

Olt, Joseph jolt at ti.com
Wed Mar 19 21:02:53 UTC 2008

David,

Is portmap running?

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-sysadmin-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-sysadmin-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of David
Nguyen
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:59 PM
To: redhat-sysadmin-list at redhat.com
Subject: Failed to start NFS

Hi,

I attempted to start NFS on Red hat enterprise 3 but could not start it.
It showed mountd failed, how do I get moutd working?

# service nfs start
Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas: Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive;
errno = Connection refused
rpc.rquotad: unable to register (RQUOTAPROG, RQUOTAVERS, udp).
                                                           [FAILED]
Starting NFS daemon:                                       [FAILED]
Starting NFS mountd: Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive;
errno = Connection refused
                                                           [FAILED]

Thanks,
David