About routing

Joshua Daniel Franklin jdf.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 16:25:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:44 AM, a bv  wrote:
> thanks for answer but first i would like to try on a vmware. And what
> about the default gw? At the examples i cant see any default gw entry
> on the route-eth0 etc sample texts.

Huh? I guess ask on a VMWare forum then.

Here's a quote about default gateway and routes from
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/RHEL510/Deployment_Guide/s1-networkscripts-static-routes.html

"The following is a sample route-eth0 file using the IP command
arguments format. The default gateway is 192.168.0.1, interface eth0.
The two static routes are for the 10.10.10.0/24 and 172.16.1.0/24
networks:

default 192.168.0.1 dev eth0
10.10.10.0/24 via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0
172.16.1.0/24 via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0