Sendmail alias question

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Thu Nov 12 21:03:22 UTC 2009

Kurt,
Thank you for your thorough reply! I was worried that I was too vague and it
appears that I was. Here is the scene that I want to "fix":

joe at here.com sends an email "To" grouplist at here.com instead of "BCC"ing
grouplist at here.com and this causes everyone on grouplist to be able to see
that the email was sent to grouplist at here.com.  ALSO this means that
everyone with spy/virus infected email software on grouplist also has now
notified the evil spy folks that grouplist at here.com is a valid email
address. Then the evildoer spy folks now know to send from everywhere on the
planet to grouplist at here.com all their evil messages. This means that if
grouplist is all our outside employees for instance, then everybody in that
group gets evil messages with the spy folks only sending one email.

Now if only folks within our walls were able to use grouplist at here.com and
everyone outside our walls got a 505 invalid user message, then I could
better control the evildoers being able to send stuff to grouplist@ from all
their "owned" PC base.

I just don't know how to restrict grouplist@ from being a valid name to
outsiders.