Options available for nfs debugging RHEL 5.3

sun.jedi sun.jedi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 02:53:43 UTC 2009

Is your share mounted with acl?

[root at localhost marc]# tune2fs -l /dev/mapper/vg1-lvhome | grep options
Default mount options:    user_xattr acl

Is the file umasked readonly with setfacl?

[root at localhost marc]# setfacl -m m::rx testfile
[root at localhost marc]# getfacl testfile
# file: testfile
# owner: marc
# group: marc
user::rw-
group::rw-            #effective:r--
mask::r-x
other::r--

Did someone chattr the file immutable?

[root at localhost marc]# chattr +i testfile
[root at localhost marc]# lsattr -v testfile
2810282647 ----i-------- testfile

Just a few ideas.
-Marc