Oracle wants to install YAST on RHEL

Anthony Doyle Anthony.Doyle at nab.com.au
Wed Oct 28 04:07:36 UTC 2009

My first response would be no and my second response would be why ? ... the why part is what I would use to respond to them with .... unless you know why they want it you can't work out if it's really needed just because someone has used a tool before doesn't make it acceptable to install on any server. Always remember if you're the sys admin your ultimately responsible for the server being usable and delivering what its suppose to. We have over 40 to 50 servers running oracle and we haven't installed yast on any of them.

Cheers
Anthony