System monitoring

Jim Bourne jbourne at hardrock.org
Wed Sep 2 13:36:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, nitin.gizare at wipro.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have server which hanging quit often . There are now Hardware issues.
>
> I suspect some application making server to hang hence  I was looking
> for some script which can run in back ground to collect memory usage of
> running application,

If it's not already installed, install the sysstat RPM.  This will enable
sa2 via cron and collect information on your system activity.  See the sar
manual page for reporting information.

Regards
Jim

James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne at hardrock.org
UNIX Systems Administration   | WWW:           http://www.hardrock.org
Custom UNIX Programming       | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation