mail issues when link is lost

Oluwagbenga Shobowale gshobowale at nextworksltd.com
Tue Apr 13 11:03:24 UTC 2010

Hello,

Could you help me out with this. I have a mail server which uses sendmail ,
however we relay all our mail to our ISP to save bandwidth as this traffic
is free with our ISP. However, when the link fails we realize that we can
send mails locally but not externally. Is there a way to configure sendmail
to retain  the mails on the mail server and send when the link is available.
Right now the mails remain on the client machine and are not delivered to
the server until the link is back up, well except for the local domain.
Thanks.

Best regards