RHEL 5.0 NFS

Matt Brown (Sky Road LLC) mbrown at skyroadasp.com
Wed Oct 27 16:12:21 UTC 2010

It is performance issues or directly related to nfs4?
If it is performance related take a look at this document:
http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/rhel/Oracle-10-g-recommendations-v1_2.pdf

I know this is for Oracle, but take a look at the default scheduler and other things in the document we are running Oracle databases off of NetApp NAS devices and had terrible performance issues and this document solved a lot of those. If you Google NFS performance issues Red Hat 5 you will see the kernel has a lot of issues that are said to be fixed, but never seem to be actually corrected.

To turn NFSv4 off you should be able to:

Add the this line to /etc/sysconfig/nfs
RPCNFSDARGS="-N 4"
Then restart nfs
Stop rpcidmapd service and chkconfig it off

Matt