Re: FTP Question

Can you provide us further information regarding what the remote user experiences? Errors etc.

What do the log files show?

Have you tried for a 'generic' Internet connection?

Mark

On 16 Jun 2011, at 21:54, Jeff Poling <jpoling moody edu> wrote:

I have a RHEL 4 system.  A user outside of our network previously was able to FTP to the system.  Now he is not.  The log shows the following:

2011 Jun 15 13:23:48 myserver [authpriv.notice] vsftpd: pam_unix(vsftpd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ftp ruser=myuser rhost=1.1.1.1   user=myuser

If I log in as the user from on our network, it works just fine.

What do I need to check to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Poling

System Administrator | Information Systems

Moody Bible Institute

820 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610

312-329-8968

www.moodyministries.net

From the Word. To Life.

--

To report this message as spam, click here
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by DFK Systems Limited, and is believed to be clean.