RHN problems?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Oct 12 14:24:22 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Marco Bill-Peter <marcobillpeter at redhat.com> said:
> Folks,
>
> RHN should be fixed at this point. Please post here if you see continuing
> connection issues or file a case with support.

It appears HTTP access (e.g. with "useNoSSLForPackages=1" set in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date) is broken.  With that set, a "yum list
updates" returns:

Error: failed to retrieve repodata/eb9c556bbfb5deb6368eaa43b9b68af3a8d806dc-primary.xml.gz from rhel-x86_64-server-5
error was [Errno 14] HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

> Jim, Good suggestion with a status page. We'll make that happen going forward on
> the customer portal.

I would suggest the status page be outside any login; ideally, it would
be separate as much as practical from other Red Hat sites (maybe
"status.redhat.com"?).

Thanks for your response here about RHN issues.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>