NFS change ownership issue . Always nobody on client

Zama Ques queszama at yahoo.in
Thu Aug 27 11:45:10 UTC 2015

This was resolved after running sudo nfsidmap -c  which actually clears the cache on all client hosts.

ThanksZaman

     On Sunday, 23 August 2015 7:13 PM, Bill Ranck <ranck42 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Zama Ques <queszama at yahoo.in> wrote:

  We are accessing NFS mounts across three hosts. The issue for us is that when we change the ownership of a directory on NFS mount on the server, the ownership changes are not taking place on the client. It is getting changed to nobody on the client.

 NFS has an option that does that.  I forget at the moment if it's an export option on the server or a mount option on the client, but there is a option that controls that.

--
Bill RanckBlacksburg, VA