problem with increase volume disk iscsi

Fran Garcia franchu.garcia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:05:13 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 1:59 PM, alireza baghery <> wrote:
> hi
> i have one redhat 5.9 and add on one disk scsi (fibre)
> problem:
> when we increase volume disk (from 100G to 500G) iscsi in (hp p2000) do not
> see change on redhat
> i execute echo "- - -">/sys/class/fc_host/host2/scan
> and rescan-script-bus.sh
> but یdoes not anythong change
> how to solve problem

By reading the fine documentation :-)
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/pdf/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-5-Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide-en-US.pdf

· Rescaning the controller won't rescan the disks.
· You need to instruct the kernel to check for block changes in the disk:
echo 1 > /sys/block/sdX/device/rescan

if you're using multipath, you'll need to iterate through  each
individual path, and the reconfigure the multipatah device with
multipathd -k"resize mpathX"

cheers

~f