[rest-practices] Async operations and statelessness

Bob McWhirter bmcwhirt at redhat.com
Tue Apr 20 15:13:35 UTC 2010

> This way, the request itself is a resource. Assuming infinate DB
> Space, you keep it for the life of the machine.

And suddenly we have a little more auditability.  Who rebooted the DB
at 3pm?  Dave did!

It also would allow for some more logic to be applied, in the case
someone screws up a script and sends 200 reboot requests in a short
period.  The first is acknowledged, perhaps the other 199 are marked
INVALID because the machine is already REBOOTING.

	-Bob