[rest-practices] Namespace qualifying respresentation types

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 20:29:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 03:42:20PM -0400, Bill Burke wrote:

> Eoghan Glynn wrote:

> >>  Why XML Schemas ? Why not Relax-NG instead.
> >

> >Yeah, I'd love to learn RELAX NG properly.
> >

> FYI, AFAIK, there is not JAXB support for Relax NG.

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/WebServices/jaxb/

  Why W3C XML Schema Language?

  "the XML Schema Language is much richer than DTDs"

there is actually some reasons why RNG would not suit perfectly, it's
actually way too versatile, and doesn't necessarilly have an unique
content model for each element, but what an answer ! :-)

Daniel