[rest-practices] Modelling membership

Bob McWhirter bmcwhirt at redhat.com
Tue May 4 21:30:24 UTC 2010

I guess I see the need for both.  I consider an href to be like a C++
pointer to *something.  While that thing can certainly (and maybe
absolutely should) have some other identifier.

I don't mean to claim that the href is the identifier.  It should be
opaque, potentially ugly, but easily navigable.  ID is just another
property, perhaps with uniqueness constraints.

	-Bob