Re: [rhelv5-list] pam_krb5 issues

Jason:

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

I solved my own problem.

I had to enable the use_shmem option in /etc/krb5.conf. for use with sshd.

Out of curiosity, did you enable ChallengeResponseAuthentication in sshd? My impression was that 'use_shmem' was necessary when ChallengeResponseAuthentication was in use, and not needed otherwise.

I have a generic RHEL5 machine here, running the standard Red Hat sshd config (which disables ChallengeResponseAuthentication) and pam_krb5 works out of the box.

Thanks,

Chris Wing
wingc engin umich edu