[rhelv5-list] mount.smbfs on RHEL5?

I'm trying to get smbfs working on a RHEL5 XenU.

I've compiled and installed the smbfs.ko module (out of the kernel-xen srpm) but yum provides mount.smbfs and yum provides smbmount both come up empty. I've downloaded the samba sources from cvs, but I can't even seem to get past configure (I get many warnings, but no errors until I get to the end of the configure output, at which point it says:

checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

so I thought it might be easier to just, you know, see what the redhat way of making mount.smbfs work was)