Re: [rhelv5-list] RHEL 5 DVDs?

----------
Re: [rhelv5-list] RHEL 5 DVDs?

    * From: inode0 <inode0 gmail com>
* To: "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list" <rhelv5-list redhat com>
    * Subject: Re: [rhelv5-list] RHEL 5 DVDs?
    * Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:12:51 -0500

On 4/19/07, Brendan Mullen <bmullen uga edu> wrote:

    Hello rhelv5-list,

    Are bootable DVD isos of RHEL 5 installation media available for any
    platforms?  Thank you.

Not officially. You can find a copy of mkdvdiso.sh (or similar) and
create them from the CDs to suit your wishes though.

John

The RH support site claims DVD iso's should be available "soon".

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_85_10054.shtm

I was not able to successfully make one using mkdvdiso.sh. It booted fine but did not recognize CD's #2 onwards. Note: I only tried once and gave up. Just used to plan CD's to move on ahead. mkdvdiso.sh did work fine for RHEL 4.x.

dg