Re: [rhelv5-list] mod_auth_ldap

On 4/30/07, Josh Kelley <joshkel gmail com> wrote:
On 4/30/07, Kenton Brede <kbrede gmail com> wrote:
> According to the RHEL5 docs, "The mod_authz_ldap module does not
> authenticate a user to an LDAP directory using an encrypted password
> hash. This functionality is provided by the experimental mod_auth_ldap
>  module. "
>
> I haven't been able to find an rpm for RHEL5 so I downloaded the
> mod_auth_ldap source from
> http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap_apache2.html

mod_auth_ldap has been renamed to mod_authnz_ldap in Apache 2.2:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html#module

The reference to mod_auth_ldap in the RHEL5 docs (where?) is a bug and
should be reported in Red Hat's Bugzilla.

Here is the source URL, see bottom of page.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-httpd-mig.html
Kent