Re: [rhelv5-list] XFS with RHEL5?

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 12:52:02PM +0100, Joe (Mobile) wrote:

> and night trying to fix it, while the use of an uncertified system opens up the
> possibility of refusal of support and shoving the blame to us (meaning my team
> and me). It might be possible that the use of e.g. CentOS due to its binary
> compatibility to RHELcould be judged as valid by a court, but that would take
> months, which is unacceptable in a restore scenario and not even guaranteered.

100% binary compatibility can *never* exist for whatever RHEL rebuild, so
I presume you'll never win a court case without specific other evidence
of the problem.

In reality, the chance that a RHEL rebuild is causing an incompatibility
problem is very small, but it's my experience that big companies will
always try to blame you and/or the rebuild OS, unless proven otherwise.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos xos nl>