Re: [rhelv5-list] XFS with RHEL5?

Joe (Mobile) schrieb:
>  I hope that HP might convince Redhat to include XFS in future
> versions).

iirc you will setup a new backupserver (x86), start with 15TB and grow
about 50TB.
really x86 and not x86_64 ?

even your filesystem of choice  xfs  can *not* handle  > 16TB on  x86.

----snip----
Re: mount failed after xfs_growfs beyond 16 TB
>/ a colleague recently tried to grow a 16 TB filesystem (x86, 32bit) on/
>/ top of lvm2 to 17TB. (I am not even sure if that's supposed work with/
>/ linux-2.6, 32bit)/

Not supported - any metadata access past 16TB will wrap the 32 bit page
cache
index for the metadata address space and you'll corrupt the filesystem.

--
shrek-m