Re: [rhelv5-list] XFS with RHEL5?

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007, Joe (Mobile) wrote:

So, I'll either have to stick with RHEL5 (and ext3) or change it to SLES10 (which offers XFS as John pointed out). I have to admit that I'm a bit hesistant to use SuSe in a server environment, since it really despise all that automatic system wide reconfiguring that it going on, when you change some small detail. I've had some really bad experiences with that.

Why couldn't you consider VxVM+VxFS (Veritas Storage Foundation). The recent versions support filesystems up to 8 exabytes in size - 8 million terabytes). With the snapshots, tiered-storage and volume replication facility, it will do what you want.

Check these pdf's:
Or if using x86 (ia32):

Vincent S. Cojot, Computer Engineering. STEP project. _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~
Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Comite Micro-Informatique. _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,.
Linux Xview/OpenLook resources page _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'
http://step.polymtl.ca/~coyote  _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._ coyote NOSPAM4cojot name

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars - on stars where no human race is
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.       - Robert Frost