Re: [rhelv5-list] XFS with RHEL5?

vincent cojot name wrote:
On Sat, 1 Dec 2007, Joe (Mobile) wrote:

So, I'll either have to stick with RHEL5 (and ext3) or change it to SLES10 (which offers XFS as John pointed out). I have to admit that I'm a bit hesistant to use SuSe in a server environment, since it really despise all that automatic system wide reconfiguring that it going on, when you change some small detail. I've had some really bad experiences with that.

Why couldn't you consider VxVM+VxFS (Veritas Storage Foundation). The recent versions support filesystems up to 8 exabytes in size - 8 million terabytes). With the snapshots, tiered-storage and volume replication facility, it will do what you want.

If I were a vendor, I'd not want to fully support my product on any platform I'd not tested on, and adding _any_ aftermarket filesystem makes it something I've not testing on, unless I say otherwise.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait