Re: [rhelv5-list] automount problems in RHEL 5.1 final?

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:07 -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 11:55 -0500, Tom Sightler wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 11:24 -0500, Brian Long wrote:
> >
> > > Ian,
> > > I don't see any automount-related patches in the recently-released
> > > RHEL
> > > 5 errata kernel (kernel-2.6.18-53.1.4.el5).  Can we expect another
> > > errata with a fix for autofs?  If not, is there a publicly-available
> > > hotfix instead of asking users to download the SRPM and recompile
> > > things
> > > themselves?
> >
> > Actually, I see the following:
> >
> > [autofs4] fix race between mount and expire (Ian Kent ) [381071]
> >
> > I have no idea if that's it or not since once again the bug referenced
> > is "private" but it is an autofs bug.
>
> Tom,
> Thanks.  I love it when the release notes in the RHSA don't mention all
> the changelog entries, just a few.  Next time I'll read the _real_
> changelog.

Ya, it's great.
But I can understand how this has happened.

There are actually a number of bugs regarding this issue and I suspect
there are a couple I'm not even aware of. Anyway, as far as I can see, a
couple of the bugs are marked private so they can't be used to mark new
bugs as a duplicate. It's going to be a fun job cleaning this mess up
but that's the way it goes sometimes.

In all the bugs I've looked at relating to this I've not seen any
evidence that the the recent update (at least I believe it's available
now) doesn't resolve the issue, although at least one reporter is
trying.

Sorry for the confusion, I did try to head this off but unfortunately
couldn't.

Ian