Re: [rhelv5-list] RHEL and CentOS

Ed Greshko wrote:
Harry Songeek wrote:
Good Day,
Could any of you please tell me how to migrate from RHEL 5 to CentOS 5
or 5.1
I tried to google and found some solution but no luck none of them
worked for me :(
Thanks in Advance

Since you are moving *From* RH --- *To* CentOS you really should ask this
question here...  http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=8

Or sign up to their mailing list...here...

I'm pretty sure they will want to help you.

I think all Harry needs is the centos-release package. Install that, and get the updates from CentOS. AFAIK there's no need for a full install, all the binaries are compatible.

5.1's just been released, it's a good time to test:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait