Re: [rhelv5-list] insmod module failed : "ERROR : Unable to allocate memory"

Kelvin lim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problem loading my audio driver module ( size 10MB ) on RHEL5
> default kernel. It prompt error "Unable to allocate memory".......
>
> Thus, I tried compiling my own vanilla kernel (ver 2.6.15.5) to debug
> this issue. Surprisingly, I'm able to load my module ! Problem now is I
> can't debug RH5 kernel cos it doesn't come with the source (module.c)
> which i need to trace into......

The source for everything that goes into RHEL5 is readily available on
the Red Hat ftp server and at any site that mirrors it.

For example:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/redhat/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/

Grab the kernel-2.6.18-*.src.rpm file that matches your running kernel,
install it, then 'rpmbuild -bp kernel-2.6.spec' and you'll have the full
source tree with all patches applied.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com