[rhelv5-list] /etc/named.conf link removed

Does anyone know what previously discovered thing causes the link
/etc/named.conf -> /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf to go missing and cause
S13named to fail on boot? (probably more than that goes missing)

If not, I can step by step reproduce it by a scratch install, updating 417
patches, installing BackupEDGE, and configuring samba. I'm hoping to bypass
the reinstall if this is already a known thing.

Thanks in advance!
Bill Watson
bill magicdigits com