Re: [rhelv5-list] Tale of 2 nic cards

Have a look in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
ifcfg-eth0
ifcfg-eth1 etc....

onboot will either equal yes or no.
make sure both are yes........

if it still doesn't work have a look in dmesg for anything interesting.

Alasdair

Bill Watson wrote:
> I have an intel S5000Psl motherboard with 2 nic cards. Using the GUI
> console, I set one to be IP4 and not IP6 fully configured with gateway, dns,
> hostname, etc. I set the other on my LAN (tried with and without a gateway
> defined) no dns, etc. I also tried the 2nd as fully configured (not IP6) as
> I could. On both nic cards, I select start on boot. The symptoms remain
> consistent.
>
> While the system is up, I can activate both lans and they both work
> beautifully. When I reboot, only one activates, the other says inactive. I
> can hand activate and life is again good.
>
> The net icon in the upper right corner will only allow one network to be
> selected at a time. I'm not sure what's up with that, or why an network
> chooser icon is thought to be so needed as to be default placed on the
> desktop. (my ignorance showing)
>
> Is there a clean way to have both networks launch on bootup?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Bill Watson
> bill magicdigits com

Alasdair Gow
Lumison
t: 0845 1199 900
d: 0131 514 4042

PS. Do you know that we have opened a new datacentre in Croydon? Click https://www.lumison.net/services/pdfs/colo_croydon.pdf or give us a call 0845 119 2030 if you want to know more.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Lumison, nplusone or lightershade ltd.
presence of viruses.  Lumison, nplusone and lightershade ltd accepts no