Re: [rhelv5-list] RHEL and CentOS

Sharpe, Sam J wrote:

>>> Not sure why anyone would want to toss about herbs....
>>
>> Australian English. Find a word that sounds similar, and makes better
>> sense. Not a proper rhyme in this case though.
>
> http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/cast+aspersions+on
>
> But I got the gist...
>
> I find it interesting that you don't run RHEL, yet you are one of the
> highest volume posters on this list. If you look back at the number of
> threads which you have started (low) compared to the number of threads
> to which you have replied (high) over the few years I've been a list
> member, it is obvious that you personally are of net benefit to the RHEL
> community.
>
> I take that as proof, were it needed, that users of RHEL-rebuilds *do*
> give back to the RHEL community in a measurable way. I tend to agree
> that this list might not be the best place to ask "how do I *not* use
> RHEL", but in the end CentOS, SL, WBEL etc. users are at least staying
> in the Red Hat community - a "how do I install SuSE" or "this Ubuntu
> stuff looks great" message would be much much more off-topic.

Just a short note from my hemisphere.  (As I typed that I realized there to
be a double meaning.)

I had no strong objection to the OP raising the question.  My response was
voicing an opinion in a mild way and follow-ups had smilies.  I'm not sure
how anyone could deduce or conclude from my words that I was casting
aspersions or throwing herbs on anyone.  Must be an Australian thing.  :-)

--
Step aside, everyone!  Sensitive love letters are my specialty.  Dear
Baby, Welcome to Dumpsville.  Population: you.

		-- Homer Simpson
		   Bart the Lover