Re: [rhelv5-list] MegaRAID card performance

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 at 4:42pm, solarflow99 wrote

On 12/5/07, Bill Watson <bill magicdigits com> wrote:

 Just yesterday I re-re-re-reinstalled RedHat 5.0 from their disty CD's
and my  3ware was *NOT* in the kernel. I had to get the correct driver from
the 3ware website and needed the help of 2 3ware technicians to choose the
correct driver. It took the techs a couple times each to properly guess
which driver was proper. They did seem happy to help me out, and I did feel
better that it wasn't intuitively obvious to the casual observer. Maybe due
to me using the 5.0 64bit DVD the need for a driver changed from your
experience.

Bill Watson
bill magicdigits com

ya, that is interesting.  From what I knew 3ware was probably the best
supported.  I used rhel 4 x86_64 and never had any problem.

It all depends on which card you're talking about. With RHEL 5.0, all cards up to the 9550SX are supported by the in-distro drivers. With RHEL 5.1, I'm fairly sure they added support for the 9650 (and perhaps for the 9690 as well, but I'm less sure on that one).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin