Re: [rhelv5-list] RHEL5 and missing files using automount and ssh annoing password queries

On Dec 5, 2007 9:28 AM, Peter Sobisch wrote:
> 1) very often some processes on the clients complain about missing
>    files, which are definitively there.

EL5 has a new version of autofs, you may need to up your automount
timeout period.  I have DEFAULT_TIMEOUT=300 in
/etc/sysconfig/autofs on our EL5 hosts with automounted /home which
is running smoothly. (We use LDAP not NIS, but that shouldn't be a
problem.)

>    We have Nagios running here, which is testing several services
>    and after upgrade to RHEL5 we're getting a couple warnings that
>    our "ssh" service on a RHEL5 box doesn't answer. The next check
>    is good one. Very strange.

Also could be a timeout problem. I also run nagios and don't see this.

> Is there any bugfix or solution or do we have to down-grade all our
> hosts down to RHEL4U3 ?

What's wrong with the latest, EL4 Update 6?