From: rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:rhelv5-list-bounces redhat com]
On Behalf Of Collins, Kevin [MindWorks]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 10:53 AM
To: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list
Subject: RE: [rhelv5-list] vncserver

Hey Bill,

	a couple of things:

1) check for the Xvnc process running (that's the server) - it appears to
be:

ps -ef | grep Xvnc

2) you can also use lsof to check the open ports:

lsof -P -i tcp:5813 -i tcp:5913

3) Typically, the first time you run vncserver, you will be prompted for a
password - this is what is needed to connect with the vncviewer. You can
change it with vncpasswd.

4) when you run vncviewer from XP, you need to enter the host and desktop
(i.e., ":13" in your example), and the provide the password from #3 when
prompted. The port number is important.

In your telnet examples, you are connecting from and to the same box - can
you telnet from your XP system to the linux system?

Kevin