RE: [rhelv5-list] vncserver

I assume you mean you want to see the desktop (gnome or kde)?

Edit your $HOME/.vnc/xstartup file to look like this and restart
vncserver:

#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
# unset SESSION_MANAGER
# exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
# xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
# twm &
/usr/bin/gnome-session &
/usr/bin/gnome-terminal &

(For kde, replace the last 2 lines with):

/usr/bin/startkde &
/usr/bin/console &

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding
or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.
This email may have been monitored for policy compliance.  [021216]