Re: [rhelv5-list] vncserver

On 7 Dec 2007, at 00:11, Tom Sightler wrote:

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 15:17 -0800, Bill Watson wrote:
OK, with vnc functional, now I wish to push my luck..... Is there an elegant way to teach a 'stock' RedHat system where the GUI is on the console and use vnc to either take over that session or to have a session of its own that looks just like the console (complete with the Applications, Places, and
Systems drop down menus)?

With what little I know about startx, it seems it may be an important part of this idea, but I find myself without enough knowledge to get it done.

I'm a little unsure about the exact question, but if you wanting to
control the actual console (similar to the behavior of VNC on Windows)
then you can just edit your xorg.conf file as follows:

Do you have any pointers to documentation on this? I use Vino, but that's only good for a logged in gnome-session, this is incredibly cool, but I've never heard of it before.

--
Sam