Re: [rhelv5-list] vncserver

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 00:53 +0000, Sharpe, Sam J wrote:

> Do you have any pointers to documentation on this? I use Vino, but
> that's only good for a logged in gnome-session, this is incredibly
> cool, but I've never heard of it before.

The documentation is available in the FreeVNC section on the RealVNC
website at http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/x0.html.  Most of
the options available with the Xvnc server can be set in the Xorg.conf
file for the native server.

We've used this setup for years with RHEL4 with great success, but the
version of the vnc.so module included with RHEL5 appears to be a little
buggy.  I was regularly getting the same crash as documented in Bugzilla
282662 but disabling DRI seems to make it work, at least so far.

Later,
Tom