Re: [rhelv5-list] Upgrading packages from other sources; e.g. dovecot

--- Götz Reinicke <goetz reinicke filmakademie de>
wrote:

> shrek-m gmx de schrieb:
> > Götz Reinicke schrieb:

> 1.0 Releas 1.2.rc15.el5
> problem

> >> Some users do get mails ithe the messag attached
> as an avi-file from our
> >> voicebox-server, some users don't receive the
> mails anymore. sendmail
> >> receives and delivers the mails so far.
> >>
> >> All other mails could be received fine so far.
> >
> > and
> >   procmail or
> >   ix-spamfilter or
> >   spamassassin or
> >   mailscanner or
> >   antivirus or
> >
> > are really not the problem ?
>
> may be yes, may be no. The user dose got the mails
> until tree days ago
> and we didn't changed the settimgs for the tools you
> mention.

is preaty simple to know if it is a problema with
pop3-imap server (dovecot) or "getting the email"
infrastructure (MTA-antispam-antivirus-MDA)

the email should have a file in the filesystem ;-)
with all the attachments

> And the question was: how to debug and upgrade
> dovecot, not the other tools.

upgrade? just yum update <rpm package>
using yum because the new package may have new
dependencies

if you not have "call redhat" support maybe you just
update the package and remember to not update dovecot
from redhat (skip it by yum confinguration)

cu
roger

RedHat Certified ( RHCE )
Cisco Certified ( CCNA & CCDA )