Re: [rhelv5-list] vncserver

Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> Do you have any pointers to documentation on this? I use Vino, but
> that's only good for a logged in gnome-session, this is incredibly
> cool, but I've never heard of it before.

It's fairly well documented on a number of sites & mag articles, though
some are dated. Check out the following from my bookmark collection on
VNC. -Art

VNC Transparently -200201 Linux Journal
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5499

VNC over SSH2 - A TightVNC Tutorial - 200306 Van Emery
http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/VNC/vnc-over-ssh.html

Using VNC over an insecure network with SSH - Jason
http://trekweb.com/~jasonb/articles/vnc_ssh.shtml

VNC installation, configuration and use with Linux and Microsoft Windows
- YoLinux
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/VNC.html

What is VNC + TightVNC -2003 Linux Magazine
http://www.linux-mag.com/id/1315
http://www.linux-mag.com/id/1455
http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/1298/0/1/0/

TUTORIAL VNC (Virtual Network Computing) 101 - FedoraNEWS.ORG
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/vnc/printer.shtml
Set up the VNC Server in Fedora - Raoul’s Land
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2005/11/10/configure-vnc-server-in-fedora/

HOWTO Set up VNC server with resumable sessions - KUBUNTU - Ubuntu Forums
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=259448&highlight=vncserver+kubuntu
Remotely administring Machines Using X11VNC -200610 Debian Admin
http://www.debianadmin.com/remotely-administring-machines-using-x11vnc.html
x11vnc - a VNC server for real X displays
http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/

VNC FAQ-o-Matic How to setup a Linux VNC Server with KDE or Gnome
http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/1.html
http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/56.html

HOWTO RealVNC, TightVNC, XF4VNC - Gentoo
http://gentoo-wiki.com/VNC
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_RealVNC%2C_TightVNC%2C_XF4VNC
Gentoo Forums - How to turn your box into a Xvnc Terminal Server
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=72893
HOWTO Xvnc terminal server - Gentoo Linux Wiki

VNC - Taking your desktop virtual with VNC (Perisistent VNC Session),
part 2 - RedHat-200506
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/007may05/features/vnc/
What are different ways to setup VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux -200708
RHEL-KB
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_45_11057.shtm
Configure the VNC server - RHEL3-KB
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_43_3976.shtm
Configure VNC to control the native X server - RHEL3-KB
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_79_3994.shtm
Configure VNC to start GNOME or KDE - RHEL3-KB
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_45_1190.shtm
VNC AutoStart, VNC Native Xwin, VNC set 'xhost +' at login - RHEL3-KB
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_43_3976.shtm
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_43_3994.shtm
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_45_1188.shtm
VNC Start Gnome KDE - RHEL3-KB