RE: [rhelv5-list] vncserver

*** On Dec 6, 2007 at 3:17pm Bill Watson (bill magicdigits com) wrote:

OK, with vnc functional, now I wish to push my luck..... Is there an elegant
way to teach a 'stock' RedHat system where the GUI is on the console and use
vnc to either take over that session or to have a session of its own that
looks just like the console (complete with the Applications, Places, and
Systems drop down menus)?

With what little I know about startx, it seems it may be an important part
of this idea, but I find myself without enough knowledge to get it done.

Just to make sure you're not missing an easy solution:

System->Preferences->Internet and Network->Remote Desktop

which will allow you to run vino-server and give you access to your desktop via vnc.

j.